Copyright © 2004 Mount Vernon Primary Care Associates. All rights reserved.
This page was last updated: January 12, 2013
Primary Care Services
- Women's Health Care (GYN Exams)
- Men's Health Care (Prostate Exams)
- Newborn, Child & Adolescent Health Care
- Physical Exams, School & Camp Physicals
- Acute Care & Minor Injuries
- Immunizations & Allergy Shot
For your convenience, we have provided patient forms on our Patient Forms page.
- Bring your insurance card(s) with you to your visit. We accept Medicare assignment and participate with Aetna, MDIPA, MAMSI, Optimum Choice, United Healthcare, Cigna, Anthem Healthkeepers, CareFirst, GEHA, One Health Plan, Great West, Beechstreet, Private Healthcare Systems, NCPPO, Humana and many other commercial plans, HMOs and PPOs. However, we do not participate with Medicaid, Unicare HMO or Kaiser.
- Co-payments are expected at the time of service.
- Verify your contact information at each visit so that we will not have a problem contacting you in the future.
- A cancellation charge of $50 will be billed unless we receive at least 24 hours notice of your inability to keep an appointment. This includes appointments that are made & canceled the same day.
- For billing or insurance questions, call our billing company at (703) 327-1800. For questions about your benefits please call the Member Services phone number listed on your insurance card.
If, when our office is closed, you find it necessary to reach your doctor for an urgent medical problem, you can reach our answering service by calling (703) 799-4000. In the event of a life threatening emergency, either known or feared, call 911 or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
It is the responsibility of the patient to obtain a referral prior to the patient’s appointment with a specialist. Referral requests are to be completed during scheduled appointments.
Initial Prescriptions and Medications Refill requests are to be completed during your scheduled appointments. You must be seen in person for each Class II prescriptions (prescriptions which require a written prescription and cannot be refilled), at least once every 3 months for controlled substances, and at least once every 6 months for prescriptions of non-controlled medications. It is your responsibility to anticipate your refill needs and to schedule your appointments accordingly. We do not refill prescriptions after office hours or on weekends.
If you have the need for a refill on any medication, please contact the pharmacy where you wish to have it filled. The pharmacy will either call or fax the refill request. Because of the process that has to be followed to refill a precription that is not requested during a regularly scheduled appointment it may take 3-5 days for us to get back to your pharmacy. Please plan ahead as you are running low on any medication. Your refill request may require a visit with one of our physicians or Nurse Practioners to monitor your care. In this case we will notify your pharmacy & ask that you make an appointment.
Pre-Authorization of Prescriptions and Referrals
It is the responsibility of the patient to obtain a pre-authorization prior to filling certain prescriptions, certain diagnostic tests and certain treatments. Pre-authorization requests are to be completed during a scheduled appointment. In some instances we may complete a pre-authorization request without an office visit. Requests for pre-authorizations not completed as part of a regularly scheduled appointment take a minimum of 3 days for processing.
Payment for Services
Payment of fees not covered by your insurance plan is due on the day of your scheduled appointment or the day of the service provided. Such fees include copayments, deductibles, phone consultations or prescription refills not initiated during a regular appointment, requested letters, missed appointments, administrative services or medical records. You may pay by cash, check, or credit card. We require that you complete a credit card authorization form for the file to cover any such fees. Any fees not paid at the time of any appointment will be billed to your credit card the day after fees are due.